Digital media has become one of the most powerful tools for storytelling. With a BA in Media Arts & Technology from Michigan State University and my MS in Marketing at DePaul University's Charles H. Kellstadt Graduate School of Business, I have garnered well-rounded skills that qualify me to work in the field I love. Entertainment. Not only have I mastered my creativity through my education and professional career, I continuously build my business skills to help leverage brand recognition and ultimately increase sales and engagement.
• Deliver engaging college sports video content across BTN websites, the BTN2Go app, social media, VOD, MVPD and affiliates for direct marketing campaigns using using Adobe Premiere and multiple content management systems.
• Assist business development manager in negotiating strategic partnerships in live video distribution and new technologies.
• Increased the overall watch time by 25% in a month for Big Ten Network’s Youtube channel targeting wrestling fans. • Cut and distribute over 100 video assets a month as the main point of contact for video on demand deliveries through Vubiquity.
• Responsively managing multiple live video streams to help increase revenue by providing technical and creative support through CMS, FTP and email for the 14 Big Ten schools.
• Customize plans to increase exposure by developing original digital content including “Court Convo with Taylor Rooks”, profiling star women’s basketball players from around the Big Ten conference.
• Selected by peers and upper management to participate in the 2016 BTN High Potential Program.
• Broke BTN record real-time views for YouTube after cutting and posting the “Michigan State Wins on Mishandled Michigan Punt” video with 1.6 million views within the first week from the Michigan vs. Michigan State game that aired on October 17, 2015.
• Jane Thang Productions, LLC's mission is to tell stories and produce projects that promote a lifestyle exuding strength, empowerment and class.
• Creator, writer and reporter for “The Strong, Empowered, & Classy Project” column and video series that highlighted people with powerful stories of surpassing boundaries and living happily despite personal challenges.
• The blog version of The Strong, Empowered, & Class Project” has been referenced in Ebony.com and Cosmopolitan.com. • Execute numerous presentations including, “Follow Your Passion and The Rest Will Follow”, a 45-minute speech geared toward high school students and a panel discussion event series called “How Young, Ambitious, & Beautiful Women Maintain Their Strength Empowerment, & Class" for over 150 women in Chicago, Illinois and Detroit, Michigan.
Activities and Societies: Vice President of Marketing for DePaul MBA Association’s Executive Board for 2017-2018 Term (Designed and executed marketing campaigns that increased DePaul MBA Association’s pizza and networking event ticket sales by 160%), eGenius: Effective Communication Skills Coach for 6-10 grad & undergrad students (2018), Study Abroad: Hidden Champions of Manufacturing, Innovation & Start-up Services in Japan (March/2018)
• Concentrations in TV, Cinema and Radio & Cognate in Social Science
• Activities and Societies: Lead Camera Operator for BTN Student U (2009-2011), Producer for Spartan Vision (2007-2009), Audio Designer for MSU Telecasters: The Show (2007-2009), E-Net Course: The Entrepreneurial Network of MSU (2010), Planning Board Member for Innovation Club of Entrepreneurs (2010)
Download updated Resume: KristenHayman-UpdatedResume